Guided Field Trips
We offer standards-based, active learning tours for third grade students.
These visits are led by enthusiastic Museum Educators and Docents
who provide interactive learning experiences for your students.
School tours are scheduled from 9:30am – 11:00am on
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday beginning in mid-September
(see calendar for available dates).
In the Spirit of Our Ancestors: Chumash Tour
60 or 90 minute program for Third Grade (Maximum – 30 students)
This tour is dedicated to the Chumash people native to Southern California.
Traditional Chumash culture will come alive as students are led in
games, songs, storytelling, art, and the exploration of artifacts.
- FREE to Title 1 schools in Ventura County
- Students – $5 each
- Chaperones are free
- Download a registration form.
- Select a program and list your preferred dates. If you are a Title 1 school and would like to apply for a bus reimbursement, please complete the second page of the registration form.
- Email the registration form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com
Limited Bus Grants Available
Bus subsidies of up to $250 are available for Title 1 schools on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the Spirit of Our Ancestors: Chumash Tour Available Dates
Self/Teacher Guided Visits
This tour is dedicated to the Chumash people native to Southern California. Traditional Chumash culture will come alive as students are led in games, songs, storytelling, art, and the exploration of artifacts.
You may choose to bring your group on a self-guided visit. Museum exhibits have bilingual (English/Spanish) labels and interpretive text that will allow you to work with your students as you tour the exhibits. We encourage you to schedule your self-guided visit in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts.