The Museum of Ventura County announces the application process for its visual arts scholarships is open. The Bonita C. McFarland scholarship is named for a generous benefactor to the arts in Ventura County. The funds for the scholarships are generated from an endowment, held and administered by the Museum of Ventura County. The scholarships are available to any high school senior preparing to enter college in the fall of 2022 or any continuing college level student of the visual arts who is also a Ventura County resident.
The total amount awarded will be $17,500.00. In past years, individual awards have been $500 or more, depending on need and number of scholarships awarded. Applicants will be selected by a committee consisting of Museum personnel and members of the Museum’s Fine Art Committee. Awards will be based on artistic merit and commitment as demonstrated by the application, letter of recommendation, essay, and examples of the applicant’s prior work/projects.
- Applications must be submitted online at https://venturamuseum.org/bonita-c-mcfarland
no later than: February 28, 2022
- Juror review of applications March 2022
- Scholarships announced April 2022
- Awards Reception TBD May/June 2022
- Completed application
- 400 word essay about your art and your education/career goals
- Letter of recommendation from teacher/instructor
- 10 images of your prior artwork/projects (8MB maximum size per image)